I already have 2 wheelers license in india. Now I want to obtain a 4 wheeler license as well. How can I add a class to existing license?
I already have 2 wheelers license in India. Now I want to obtain a 4 wheeler license as well, we guide to all step how to add another class in your license.
The procedure is quite simple and I personally would not suggest you to go through any agent if you’re confident about your driving
Read this Articles : How to Add another category in the Existing Driving License
Add new class to existing license step by step
- Go to Ministry of Road Transport & Highways, Government of India
- Choose Sarathi services.
- Apply for learner’s license.
- Select the option for existing DL. Enter your driving license number and then fill-up the form.
- After filling up the form you need to upload the required documents. (When a document contains two or more pages e.g. aadhar, club it in a pdf, else jpg works fine)
- Now you can either pay the fees online or do it offline by visiting the RTO. I would suggest to pay it offline because any way you do, you’ve to get a hard copy of the challan. Paying it offline you get it for free, not just saving Rs 5. There’s another reason too.
- So after uploading the documents, you need to take print out of the acknowledgement form and the other form and along with those attach xerox of all the documents you uploaded.
- Visit the RTO.
- Go to an officer in charge for scrutiny of documents.
- After he scrutinizes your application, pay the fees there.
- Go get your biometrics done.
- You don’t need to sit for LL test this time, you just have to submit the form in the MVI room and wait.
- After a few days a sms will come to your mobile number (which you’ve provided in the application) that your learners license has been processed and you can go and collect it.
- Visit the RTO. Take the LL and wait for 30 days.
- On completion of 30 days once again they’ll text you that you’re now eligible to fill the DL form.
- Go to parivahan then select sarathi then select your state.
- Click on Services on Driving License. Enter your DL number and DOB.
- Choose additional endorsement on driving license (AEDL). It’ll automaticallyshow you the existing LL. Tick on it and proceed.
- Upload your LL and existing DL.
- Pay the fees online this time and book slot.
- Visit the RTO on the selected date before time.
- Go to an officer for scrutiny of documents.
- Give the test.
- After qualifying, submit the form in MVI room. They’ll text you when your DL is ready and you can then go and collect it.
if any question about I already have 2 wheelers license in india. Now I want to obtain a 4 wheeler license as well. please comment